Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Things Are Looking Up

Decided to take a break from blogging for a few days to get my shit together.  I didn't want my space to be so negative and a bitch fest.  With that being said, things are on the up and up.
Yesterday, I met with Irene, who will be my therapist.  Things went so well.  My two main goals are 1. To have a purpose
2. Coping skills while in episodes/stress
I walked out of there feeling so much better about acknowledging that there is something wrong with me and also doing something about it.
Then I went to a women's group session with B.
Came home and did a bunch of things around the house and even made dinner.
It was a good day.  Even went to bed at a decent time.
Who the hell am I? 😂

Today, I woke up before my alarm clock as I had an appointment for a couple of x-rays, but we rescheduled due to the weather.  I then drank two cups of cappuccino and then hauled ass.
Stripped the beds, did three loads of laundry, made the beds, did the dishes, cleaned up my room, took care of the trash, fed the dog, let him out a million times, talked to a few friends on the phone and now here I sit, typing this out.  I am so tired and wiped out.
I may have overdone it a bit. 😐

Which only means that I am going to be going to bed at a normal time, again and that is exciting for me as I am a night owl who stays up all hours of the night and I want to change that.  I want to be that person who is in bed at a decent time and wakes up in the morning and gets shit done.

New year, new me is the goal for 2018. 😀


1 comment:

  1. I knew these things, from when we spoke on the phone, but I do have to say that I love, LOVE that Maya Angelou quote, and I may have to steal that from you. I think that seeing this therapist is going to be so good for you. You are already acknowledging that she will be able to help you. Love you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete